Monday 29 October 2012

In tribute to Aluu 4, M.I. releases 'Ashes'

UN goodwill ambassador against smuggling of Migrants and Chocolate City rap artiste, M.I. has released a song tribute to the recent massacre of Chidi, Lloyd, Tekena and Ugonna, the four undergraduates of the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) tagged criminals by the people of Aluu in Rivers state. The song entitled 'Ashes' speaks on the jungle justice issue faced in the nation as well as other surrounding issues. According to M.I, "4 young men died at the hands of a lynch mob on the 5th of October 2012. Whether or not their deaths will mean anything, or fade out of our minds as just another meaningless tragedy, is up to us and what we do from here on. I hope this song captures that message. Nothing would be worse than for a death to mean nothing." The words to Ashes said: "When we’re all ashes, if I die alone Let it be more than dying alone the reason I’m gone Feels like I stood there watching the pain the brutal torture And added my silence to the violent screams of: Burn and torch ‘em How do you earn misfortune? Or does it come unbidden? If life’s a painted portrait, who puts dark colors in them? If there’s a God in heaven, surely he’s weeping now As all the blood is shedding as all His people drown God help us all" Ashes is written and produced by M.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment